11/13/17: First acceptance. Was surprised by the scholarship offer since I applied before my second LSAT. Now that I'm in their 75th percentile, I'm going to apply for their Honors scholarship or just ask them for a full ride.
1/10/18: WL at ASU. A little disappointed since I know others with my stats this cycle got accepted. I know they can't take everyone that's right about their 25th percentile without messing up their median, but still.
1/19/18: In at Georgia State. It's kinda first choice kinda second. I'm still holding out for Emory. If Emory will take me, I feel like I'll use it to negotiate with Georgia State for scholarship money because I've heard they're notoriously stingy. I mean, if I have to go into debt for school, I rather do it at the better school.
1/25/18: In Seton Hall via Status Checker with $40k. Not sure how I feel about that, that's less than a third of the cost to go full time for three years. I only applied because of it's proximity to New York. If Fordham or Cardozo accept me, I'll likely withdraw my app from this school. Don't see myself staying in NJ.
2/7/18: Received actual scholarship packet in the mail for Seton Hall a few days ago. The scholarship is actually for 40k a year but the downside is that it's contingent on me keeping either above the 75 percentile in class rank or above a 2.80 GPA. Formulating an email right now to get info on their median law student class GPA and to see if their willing to get rid of the GPA requirement.
Also got into Cardozo this morning. Not particularly excited about the 17,000 per year scholarship when better ranking schools have this far offered me a lot better. Figure I'll email Seton first, then talk to Cardozo. Also, formulating an email to Kent about getting more money since my lsat score is 7 points higher than when they made me their initial offer and now puts me in their 75 percentile.
2/10/18: Started with Chicago Kent for scholarship negotiation. I now have a full ride from them. I also emailed Seton Hall last night for a full ride and to get rid of the GPA and class rank requirement. Hopefully, Seton gets back to me as quickly as Kent did and then I can work on Cardozo. I'm right at their median, but if Seton gives me what I asked for, then I'll use the fact that seton is a higher ranking school with better employment stats than them to see if they'll increase my award.
Still waiting on Fordham and Emory. Expecting an outright reject from Northwestern but they haven't gotten to me yet which I find strange but not reasons into it. No news is still no news.
2/12/18: I wasn't going to start miking down my schools until March, but since Loyola won't match the full tuition scholarship Kent gave me or even negotiate it, I'll be withdrawing my application at the end of the week. Hopefully I hear back from Seton Hall too.
3/2/18: Haven't updated in a while or even been on here in a while. A lot has happened-ish. As of today I've withdrawn my app from Loyola Chicago because apparently they don't give full tuition scholarships to ANYONE. Not going in debt for that and having to potentially take out a loan for cost of living.
Got into Fordham as of 2/27/18. They haven't sent a scholarship offer yet and I read if I'm getting one I'll have the info in 2 weeks so there's a waiting game there.
My date changed at Northwestern to 2/27/18. Not really expecting anything from them. But we'll see. Who knows?
Still nothing for Emory. Pretty sure I'm going to be waitlisted at which point I'm withdrawing my app.
Still waiting on UGA and University of Arizona too but I'm not too anxious about either.
3/2/18: ETA- Also, Seton Hall increased me award to 45k a year. Still not a full ride, but we'll see if I can get more... I probably won't. That first deposit to hold a spot is something serious....
3/15/18: Waitlisted at University of Arizona as of 3/13/18. To be quite honest, I'm not really impressed with them as it is. I sent in my app, got the email to set up the status checker and the tracker for a month and a half said they hadn't received the materials. Then when I emailed them, I never received a response. I called and the girl at the reception said she'd transfer me to her sup who was out of office! They finally updated my status checker and a few hours later sent the WL offer, but now I'm turned off by the lack of communication and seemingly lack of concern with getting back to me. The only reason I even contacted them was that their status checker wasn't working and I'd hear absolute radio silence. I'm probably going to withdraw.