There is a legit chance I might not attend law school next fall (if there is no school that can minimize my tuition).
If you have any questions, ask. If you want to comment, go ahead. Please be respectful though.
9/28/11: Accepted to Thomas Cooley with 25% scholarship. Only took them 2 weeks to come to their decision.
10/3/11: Widener sent me an email telling me my application is incomplete. bullshit. I didn't even bother responding to their email, I'm not high on Widener anyways.
10/24/11: I sent MSU an email asking them to hold off my application because I want to take the February 2012 LSAT. Still no words on other law schools. UDC did send me a status checker Info few days ago.
11/01/11: Accepted to Florida Coastal via online status checker. I checked today (11/02) and got accepted yesterday. This is my first acceptance that included personal statement and LORs (since Cooley doesn't check it). I have to see how much they offer scholarship money (if they do).
11/07/11: Accepted to South Texas college of law via email notification. However, i apply there for Spring 2011 semester, not Fall. This is the only school I apply for spring semester, which I regret. I should have apply for Fall 2012 semester. No info on scholarship so I'm assuming none. I also emailed Florida Coastal about when I can expect to receive acceptance package, admission told me about 2-3 weeks they will start sending out those packages. I want to see the scholarship trap they possibly offer me.
11/08/11: Withdrew from South Texas. I'm not ready to go to school for the spring semester. STCL is top 3 for me but I want to hear out other decisions as well. Rushing a decision is never smart. I also intend on applying to Toledo, i've been going back and forth on whether I should apply there or not. I might not go through with it though. I sent Pace for fee waiver, if I do get one I think I'm going to shoot an application there.
11/11/11: Florida Coastal offically sent me an acceptance email. They offered $12,500 scholarship renewable each year with the stipulation that I maintain at least 2.9 GPA . I don't know if 2.9 GPA in law school is difficult to maintain or not, i have no clue on how GPA system works in law schools. I'm slightly leaning towards no, but I have plenty of time to decide since 1st deposit isn't till April. I have a good feeling about Toledo for some odd crazy unknown reason even though it's been only couple of days since I've sent an app there.
11/14/11: Nothing new. Just got a confirm from Toledo that they received my app. I accidentally apply there part-time *palm smack*. I wanted to apply full-time. If they accept me, hopefully they will let me in as full-time. Also a nice scholarship from Toledo wouldn't hurt. Help a poor Asian immigrant please. Also, tomorrow is the last day (unless they changed the deadline) for Hofstra ED applicants. I know I'm probably going to be a reject from Hofstra by Dec 15th, but never say never.
11/18/11: Accepted to Dayton via email. No scholarship info so probably none. Applied to Pace couple of days ago. I plan on applying to CUNY (always have) but not right now, much much later in the cycle.
11/29/11: Nothing new. I sent my app to CUNY Law School. CUNY Law is the only school (so far) that did not waive my fee, so I had to pay 76 bucks for it. I am currently in review at Toledo, Hofstra, and I believe Pace as well, or soon to be.
12/14/11: Rejected by Hofstra via status checker. Not surprised, doesn't really hurt. Even if I was accepted, I would haven't gone there tbh. In other news, I am officially registered for the Feb 2012 LSAT.
12/15/11: So apparently Toledo wants to hold off my app till I get my Feb LSAT score back. This is not what I wanted. I emailed them few days ago asking not to do this. I rather face a rejection than holding off till March, getting accepted, and no scholarship money. I have a feeling other law schools will do this. Only school I do not have problem doing this is CUNY. MSU is already doing this since I asked them to do this back in October, which is perfectly fine. So I might not get another decision till March.
12/16/11: So I decided to check the University of D.C. status checker because I haven't checked in the longest. I found out I was admitted on 12/13 (3 days ago). Cool Cool I suppose.
12/23/11: I really doubt I'm going to hear any decisions today, so I want to wish everyone a HAPPY HOLIDAYS and a HAPPY NEW YEARS. Be safe, have fun, share the good times with your love ones, and remember...to make the new years eve night a legendary one. I really doubt I will hear a decision anytime soon, after Feb LSAT scores are released probably. Anyways have a good holidays once again.
01/26/12: Yesterday night, I withdrew from Cooley. Today I checked my application status checker for Pace, and it says Decision rendered - mailed. Odd. My LSAT is weak for Pace and I am currently scheduled to take the February LSAT. I can't imagine that I would get accepted when I'm sure the school knows I'm taking the LSAT in two weeks. So it's looking like a reject. I guess maybe there is something wrong with the app?
01/28/12: Rejected from Pace via mail. It's okay, deep down I knew I wasn't going to Pace either way. The only decision that will upset me at this point would be a rejection from CUNY
03/09/12: Two news. First, accepted to Toledo. Second, Dayton offered 16,000 a year (renewable) scholarship.
03/18/12: Three things. I got the acceptance package from Toledo. No scholarship. I don't think I'm going there paying full prize. Second, I withdrew from Florida Coastal many days ago. They re-up my scholarship offer to $22,500 after I withdrew. I have to tell them again that I appreciate the offer but I would like to withdraw. And third, denied at CUNY. argh.
03/29/12: Received a mail from Dayton today, with scholarship increase to 20K a year (renewable with stipulation of 2.95 GPA). I withdrew from Dayton and UDC today. 95% sure at this point I won't be attending law school for this fall.
04/30/12: I will not enter law school this Fall. I will re-apply next cycle, so stay tune for a new account.