Kind of had a "now or never" moment, despite just accepting a job I really like. Took the February LSAT a few months ago. Applying very late in the cycle to see where things stand.
- Full ride with stipend at Northeastern. I currently live in Boston and it would be nice not to uproot my life. NEastern would be a no-brainer for me IF they had real grades as opposed to a Harvard-esque honors system and didn't let their rankings slide despite possessing an LSAT and GPA average of a top 30 school. I would love to work in PI law however, and it's tough to argue with free.
- Full ride at IIT Kent
- 68K at W&Mary...pretty sure I can get more and will try as they seem to love ex-TFA'ers
- In at UF, no word yet on $$$
- Apparently Miami ran out of money...I would love to live and work again in South Florida (where I did TFA) for the rest of my life, but this school feels so shady in how they do everything
- Still waiting on Washington & Lee
Updates on 4/12:
- Got in with full ride at U. of Illinois...very honored.
- Withdrew from Miami, still sending me emails about the unnecessarily early deposit submission.
- Do not think Florida will offer me anything, which is quite the shame. Seems like it's either full, half, or nothing for me, haha.
Another update: W&M increased their offer by 8k per year after request.
Updates as of 4/20 - Florida up-ed their offer from nada to 25% but, seeing as how the deposit deadline was today that's simply not enough considering the offers from U of I and William & Mary. No love from my old home state of Florid...but lots of love everywhere else so no worries.
Update as of 4/23 - Waitlisted at Washington & Lee. Sent nice letter explaining how, if not for the late date I submitted my application, that I would have been admitted. Fair enough as we're getting down to crunch time.
04/28: Withdrawn from W&Lee
Withdrawn from William & Mary