jjjerryjorg (2019-2020)

Views: 3122     User Since: 12/25/06

Application Information

F - Fee Waiver, A - Attending, W - Withdrawn, D - Deferred
Law School Status Type $$$ Sent Received Complete Decision Updated
Michigan State College of Law graph Accepted A $83,868 12/19/06 -- -- 01/17/07 13 years
Ohio State University graph WL, Accepted W $41,000 12/11/06 12/20/06 01/04/07 08/13/07 13 years
American University graph Accepted W 12/10/06 12/11/06 12/27/06 01/22/07 13 years
George Washington University graph Rejected 12/11/06 -- -- 04/10/07 13 years
University of Cincinnati F graph Accepted W $30,000 12/12/06 -- 12/27/06 01/16/07 13 years
University of Louisville graph Accepted W $24,000 12/14/06 01/03/07 01/24/07 01/29/07 13 years
University of Kentucky graph Accepted W $30,900 12/14/06 12/21/06 -- 01/25/07 13 years
Catholic University of America graph Accepted W $43,500 02/07/07 -- 02/16/07 02/21/07 13 years
Thomas M Cooley Law School graph Accepted W $58,387 12/19/06 -- -- 02/01/07 13 years

Applicant Information


Demographic Information


Extra Curricular Information




Visitor Comments

  • UK
  • Friday, February 09 2007 at 10:29 AM

Congrats on UK and the scholarship...have you decided where you're planning to attend?

- k32
  • MSU
  • Friday, February 09 2007 at 06:54 PM

Congrats on the full ride at MSU. I'd say it'll be tough to turn that down - wont have to move and a terrific scholly! American is my #1 choice, but I don't think I can move in the next 5 months. I'm hoping to defer to AU for a year and maybe get my MBA at UK. We have an 11 month program here. We shall see...good luck on GWU and OSU! CUA sucks for waitlisting me..

- k32
  • UK
  • Sunday, February 18 2007 at 03:38 PM

Are you in-state for UK?

- paul1454
  • Have you decided
  • Monday, April 02 2007 at 11:25 AM

Have you decided where you are going to attend yet? Between American & Michigan State?

- paul1454
  • AU
  • Wednesday, April 04 2007 at 12:52 PM

I'm right there with you. I have a free ride to a school in KY, or I can go for the huge mass of debt at American....not sure what the hell I'm going to do either!

- k32
  • Choice
  • Thursday, April 05 2007 at 12:07 PM

Well, there are a few factors for me about choosing American. 1) The reputation within the city is a lot stronger than what people believe it is. Despite being ranked behind GULC/GW...DC employers still recruit WCL grads. 2) DC is like the Mecca of law and gov't. The opportunities are abundant there for all types of careers. 3) It'll be a small home coming since my parents moved to the MD/DC area. So I'll be able to see them more than 3 times a year. 4) I feel the value of the education is worth the price (plus they do give more grant money to 2Ls and 3Ls). I think the diversity of both the students & faculty will develop a sharp mind. 5) DC firms pay well :-D lol In all honesty...$125k is a reachable starting salaray - take 40% off that for taxes and you still have $75k - less around $30k for loans, you still ahve $45k for living exp in DC. Firms in DC tend to give good bonuses and nice yearly raises. I think it's a good investment!

- k32
  • MSU/AU
  • Monday, April 09 2007 at 08:42 AM

of course you're going to get a biased reassurance from me! but in my opinion, MSU is probably a regional school unless you're T10% for your class. could you make it to DC to work? absolutely! if you really want to work in DC, however, i believe that WCL should be your top choice. once you get over the sticker-shock, you realize that it's the best opportunity....that's what happened to me!

- k32
  • Decision
  • Thursday, April 12 2007 at 04:10 PM

So who are you going with?

- k32
  • ?
  • Friday, April 13 2007 at 10:10 AM

This may or may not help you...it was the question that ultimately helped me make up my mind. If all things were equal in price between MSU and AU...where would you go? Obviously for me it was WCL, and I realized that paying the money back is a small price to pay for a better future....just my 2 cents worth.

- k32
  • American
  • Friday, April 13 2007 at 01:14 PM

Man, if you are wanting DC you would be crazy to not go to american. If you said you didn't really care either way then the smart move would be MSU. But with you wanting DC I think it would probably be your smartest move. Have you checked your financial aid offer yet for grants?

- paul1454
  • Deadline
  • Sunday, April 15 2007 at 10:20 AM

I don't envy your position a bit :( Which way are you leaning?

- k32

You must be logged in to comment. Not a registered user?
Sign up now


Add Application

Choose a School*