Hollidae (2017-2018)

Views: 498     User Since: 10/15/17

Application Information

F - Fee Waiver, A - Attending, W - Withdrawn, D - Deferred
# Law School Status Type $$$ Sent Received Complete Decision Updated
4 Seton Hall University F graph Accepted $120,000 12/22/17 01/03/18 01/08/18 01/25/18 5 days
Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) F graph Accepted $141,000 10/13/17 10/13/17 10/16/17 11/13/17 5 days
Cardozo-Yeshiva University F graph Accepted $51,000 12/26/17 12/27/17 12/29/17 02/07/18 11 days
University of Georgia F graph Pending 01/31/18 01/31/18 01/31/18 -- 17 days
Loyola University Chicago F graph Accepted $96,000 12/10/17 12/10/17 01/04/18 01/26/18 22 days
University of Arizona F graph Pending 01/24/18 -- -- -- 24 days
2 Georgia State University F graph Accepted 12/22/17 12/23/17 01/03/18 01/19/18 29 days
5 Arizona State University F graph Waitlisted 12/22/17 12/29/17 12/29/17 01/10/18 1 month
Northwestern University F graph Pending 12/26/17 01/02/18 01/08/18 -- 1 month
3 Fordham University F graph Pending 12/22/17 12/23/17 01/05/18 -- 1 month
1 Emory University F graph Pending 12/22/17 12/27/17 12/27/17 -- 1 month

Applicant Information

Middle Georgia State Universit
N/A out of N/A

Demographic Information

3-4 Years

Extra Curricular Information

School News Paper, Community Service,


11/13/17: First acceptance. Was surprised by the scholarship offer since I applied before my second LSAT. Now that I'm in their 75th percentile, I'm going to apply for their Honors scholarship or just ask them for a full ride.

1/10/18: WL at ASU. A little disappointed since I know others with my stats this cycle got accepted. I know they can't take everyone that's right about their 25th percentile without messing up their median, but still.

1/19/18: In at Georgia State. It's kinda first choice kinda second. I'm still holding out for Emory. If Emory will take me, I feel like I'll use it to negotiate with Georgia State for scholarship money because I've heard they're notoriously stingy. I mean, if I have to go into debt for school, I rather do it at the better school.

1/25/18: In Seton Hall via Status Checker with $40k. Not sure how I feel about that, that's less than a third of the cost to go full time for three years. I only applied because of it's proximity to New York. If Fordham or Cardozo accept me, I'll likely withdraw my app from this school. Don't see myself staying in NJ.

2/7/18: Received actual scholarship packet in the mail for Seton Hall a few days ago. The scholarship is actually for 40k a year but the downside is that it's contingent on me keeping either above the 75 percentile in class rank or above a 2.80 GPA. Formulating an email right now to get info on their median law student class GPA and to see if their willing to get rid of the GPA requirement.

Also got into Cardozo this morning. Not particularly excited about the 17,000 per year scholarship when better ranking schools have this far offered me a lot better. Figure I'll email Seton first, then talk to Cardozo. Also, formulating an email to Kent about getting more money since my lsat score is 7 points higher than when they made me their initial offer and now puts me in their 75 percentile.

2/10/18: Started with Chicago Kent for scholarship negotiation. I now have a full ride from them. I also emailed Seton Hall last night for a full ride and to get rid of the GPA and class rank requirement. Hopefully, Seton gets back to me as quickly as Kent did and then I can work on Cardozo. I'm right at their median, but if Seton gives me what I asked for, then I'll use the fact that seton is a higher ranking school with better employment stats than them to see if they'll increase my award.

Still waiting on Fordham and Emory. Expecting an outright reject from Northwestern but they haven't gotten to me yet which I find strange but not reasons into it. No news is still no news.

2/12/18: I wasn't going to start miking down my schools until March, but since Loyola won't match the full tuition scholarship Kent gave me or even negotiate it, I'll be withdrawing my application at the end of the week. Hopefully I hear back from Seton Hall too.

Visitor Comments

No Visitor Comments.

You must be logged in to comment. Not a registered user?
Sign up now


Add Application

Choose a School*