***Scholarship info is per year***
I'm still uncertain whether this site will end up being helpful or somewhat destructive to my frame of mind. Ah well, at least it'll let me indulge my neurotic side and hopefully help some future 0Ls.
11/10- All transcripts are FINALLY in. Trying to make a final call on which schools I want to spend my hard-earned pennies. Thank God for LSAT-based fee waivers, though the fee waivers received from schools not on my original list have greatly expanded a list I already needed to trim down. Decisions, decisions....
11/16- Finally talked things over with the SO. Eliminated Gtown, U TX (that one was tough to let go), Vandy, W&M, U of Cincinatti, Temple, Santa Clara, Columbia, U WA, BYU, Cardoza, Penn State, DePaul, and Catholic U. U VA and Notre Dame are still in consideration for the chopping block. Interview with Northwestern in 3 days!
11/24- Back from Chicago and all I have to say is, they should call it the Traffic-y City instead of the Windy City! I never thought I'd find a city with worse traffic than LA. Oh well, the SO looooved it, so brownie points there. I think the interview went well (I was told I asked great questions - good sign?), but those adcoms have such well-developed poker faces, it's hard to say. At least I woke up this morning to a fee waiver from them! Hurrah to not paying a $100 app fee. Still trying to nail down the personal statement...here's hoping I can finish and get my apps completed before the end of November.
12/12- So much for apps in before December. Finals (plus some family stuff) have ruined me. Finally finished the darn PS though, just waiting to get it back from my reviewer so I can submit all my applications. At least I've had a flurry of app fee waivers to make me feel a little better.
1/2- I hate bronchitis. Oh well, at least my list is finally done and my apps are submitted at last. Now it's all just a waiting game...
2/14- Waiting is the worst. At least I officially have two acceptances to my name; AZ's via status checker last night and UNLV's the other week.
2/17- In at WUSTL via email! Excited to be in at a top-20.
2/20- I officially have 2 schollys to my name! Letter from U of AZ with scholly offer. UNLV's says I have to be in the top 1/3, ugh.
2/21- Make that 3 scholarships! WUSTL sent over a very lovely scholarship email. On another note, found out yesterday that Tempe, AZ is actually right next to Phoenix - who knew??? The SO persuaded me to send in a Hail Mary app to ASU since they extended their deadline to 2/20.
2/24- Big day!!! Phone call from Dean of Admissions at Minnesota - I'm in! Also, email from UIUC, and I'm in with a $30k a year scholly! The emotional freakout I had yesterday about lack of admittances now seems a distant memory....
3/6- Good weekend: got the big envelope from San Diego, but no scholly info was included. Are they giving me money?! Also got an email from Houston inviting me to the Dean's Scholarship recipients dinner; apparently, not only am I in at Houston, but I also have a scholly.
3/9- In at Pepperdine, and USD is giving me $! Not as much as UIUC though; I'll definitely be trying to negotiate with them.
3/14- So disappointed by UH; they gave me a waiver to knock my out-of-state tuition down to in-state, but in terms of actual scholly $, they only gave me $2500. So much for the lower-school=bigger-scholarship theory. Too bad too, because I'd likely have gone if they'd given me anything even close to AZ's offer. On the plus side, I'm in at Utah! The dean of admissions just called and we had a lovely chat.
3/17- No luck of the Irish for me - just got my first rejection, from Northwestern. Kind of disheartening, but I'm not too surprised; they don't count my 4 years of full-time work experience, due to my being in school too the whole time.
3/27- Loyola is "unable to give [me] any scholarship money at this time". Not sure how much hope I should hold out for USC and UCLA then. :( On the plus side, just returned from WUSTL's ASD, and I am in loooooove. The school is fantastic, and St Louis is awesome. I think I may have figured out where I'll be this fall!
4/3- Reject from Alabama - uh, what?? UNLV has now completely removed the 1/3 class standing requirement for my scholly, so I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what to do.
5/3- I have had such mental anguish over the past month while trying to decide what to do. Future 0Ls, be warned: as hard as it is applying to law school, it's even more difficult to make the final call about where to attend. I had a number of schools increase my scholly offers (except for WUSTL, unfortunately :[) but at this point I have sent a deposit to UNLV. They are bending over backwards to accomodate me, and I wouldn't have to worry about moving/finding a new job for my SO/leaving family/etc. However, I suspect I might fare better if I applied again but much earlier in the cycle. I have to figure out now if I want to stick with UNLV, or wait another year and apply again.