I am getting really antsy. I know applying so late in the cycle hasn't done me any favors and it takes a bit to review applications, but the waiting is driving me nuts! Everyday I wait for the mail to come and run down to the box to find nothing, it's pretty sad. I had a dream last night that I got accepted to a few schools, let's hope it's a sign of good things to come.
Mail just came and there was a plain white envelope from Tulsa telling me they apologize but cannot make a final decision yet and I am on deferred status. I guess it's better than a full out rejection.
Okay well, I saw someone on here say ask and you shall receive, I guess I am receiving. I was just checking my email and had a message from St. Thomas saying it was a reminder for a chat from 5:30 to 7 today. I had heard nothing of this and at this point it was past 7 but I clicked on the link anyway and it brought me to site that said there was an accepted student chat from 5:30 to 7 on April 10th. Maybe I just haven't gotten the official letter in the snail mail yet? I don't want to get my hopes up.
Today is the day for SUPER LATE applications. I have decided to put in a last minute PT application to USD. I realize this is an EXTREME reach but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I've also submitted a Hofstra app. since it was free, another reach but what can it hurt. Lastly I submitted to Whittier and Florida Coastal.
Received a thin manila envelope from Cal Western Today and my heart dropped. It was just a letter telling me they got my application. Other than that there's nothing new to report.
Got a letter from Thomas Jefferson in a plain white envelope, deferred. It says it may take till mid-July to make a decision. It's disheartening but not totally unexpected, I applied so late in the cycle I definitely understand the need to wait and see who is going to withdraw etc. before they accept anybody else. I do really want to go to school in San Diego though so I will be sending a letter of continued interest. As a side note, I am thinking my deferrals have something to do with me not graduating till August. My major will be done after this semester with the exception of my senior project which I am doing over the summer. Unless I fail my senior capstone, highly unlikely, I will get my degree in August.
Letter from Cooley saying that since my license was suspended in 2002 for a speeding ticker under a probationary license I have to provide proof I actually have a valid license. No thanks, I don't want to go there anyway. I also received an acceptance letter from St. Thomas and a $7500 scholarship which is renewable if I am in the top 25% of the class. Seat deposit is due May 7th.
Nothing in the mail today but I am sending out my LOCI to TJSL. I'm dying to go to school in SD, we'll see how it goes.
The mail hasn't come yet today but I just got an email from Appalachian talking about their newly announced scholarships and saying to let them know if I had any questions about deciding for this fall. I'm assuming that means I will be getting an acceptance letter? We'll see I guess.
Accepted to Appalachian and Barry, both large envelopes. Scholarship to Barry $10,000 renewable all three years if I have a minimum 2.8 GPA. This makes my decision so hard. My fiance and I have decided we want to move to Southern California but no word on schools from there yet and sear deposits are due at ST, Barry, and Appalachian in 2 weeks.
No word from any schools from almost 2 weeks now, I'm dying here. I stalk the mailman everyday and there is never anything from the schools I want to hear from. I'm praying I get a letter from TJSL telling me I am accepted.
Rejected at USD, no big surprise there.
Acceptance from La Verne and Tulsa today, $21,500 a year scholarship to La Verne, I am definitely considering this. Deposit is due June 15th, if I don't hear from TJSL or Cal Western by then I will definitely be sending the seat deposit in, if I do well I can always try to transfer to TJ or Cal Western. I know you shouldn't go to a school planning to transfer but the money at La Verne is very attractive.
Letter from Appalachian today saying I have been awarded a $5,000 scholarship. I will be officially withdrawing from there as well as Barry, St. Thomas, Tulsa, and Texas Southern this week.