11-17 packet from michigan with very nice letter. The relief of that first acceptance! haven't felt so elated since getting lsat score
11-30 in at Cornell via status checker and email
11/30 committee Review at UPENN
12/3-something has been mailed to my house from NYU, waiting to see what it is...
12/6-updated committee review at penn
12/11-finally received the purple envelope from NYU!!! I am calling the odds at 3-1 this is where i end up
12/22-got an email that I am in at PENN. Very relieved, I was freaking out as to why I had a 12/6 UCR date but was not getting a call or a rejection/WL when so many others were hearing back. Of course it amounted to me being neurotic, not anything based in reality. Very happy with this. Any $$$ would make this the most attractive choice thus far, I really liked Philly and it is the closest school to where I grew up. THen again I just get excited about attending whatever the most recent school to accept me is...
12/29--received mail from Michigan with $$$ offer to the tune of $22,500 per year!!! Wow, stoked about this!
1/4-really thought i had a chance at going 9/9. Damn you duke. Oh well i saw this coming and wasn't going to go there after the Michigan money anyway. Now my prediction for rest of cycle is WL at UVA, in at Chicago, WL at Columbia
1/10--prediction was already proven wrong, WL at Chicago. Will be interesting to see how the last two school's play out. Have a chance at UVA, even being non-URM OOS RD because I wrote a quality why uva essay. It is telling that I haven't been waitlisted there yet. Columbia is a crap-shoot, wouldn't be surprised if I got in or if I was rejected. Would take the Michigan $$$ over Columbia or NYU at sticker price. Right now only game changer would be competing $$$ offer from Penn, NYU, or if a miracle were to happen, CLS. After the Michigan offer, would not go to Cornell or Vandy even with a full ride.
1/26-in at columbia, shit this decision keeps getting tougher!
2/8 WL at UVA. Originally this was my top choice, though now I am sort of glad about it since I didn't need this decision to be any tougher. Right now It is between Michigan, Penn, NYU and Columbia. Money will be a decisive factor. Wouldn't necessarily prefer CLS or NYU over Penn or Michigan, from what I can tell they offer a distinct advantage if you want Big Law NY, but not for anything else (clerkships, academia, DOJ jobs etc..). I am not particularly interested in Big Law NY. In the event I get a competing offer from Penn, I would choose that over Michigan. I really like Philly, I want to practice in DC, and it would allow me to be close to my girlfriend in MD. Now it is time to wait for them to send out Deans Scholarship offers, since I wasn't invited to apply for any of the larger special ones.
3/7/11--Vanderbilt gave a combination Deans Schol, Leadership Schol, and a veterans schol. Shit. I am going to have to reject this, it isn't enough to sway me from Michigan. I am going to send in my first round of withdrawals today so Vandy and Cornell can give the $$$ to somebody else.
3/8-withdraw from Cornell and Vandy
3/11-Received financial aid from NYU... $0----will withdraw from there next week. Am pretty anxious about hearing from Penn. Am not expecting any $$$ from CLS so they are probably out too. As soon as I find out about money from Penn I should be able to make my decision. Would prefer Penn over Michigan for geographic reasons.
3/29- ready for the cycle to be over, just waiting on $$$ info from Penn. I think if I haven't heard from them by the end of next week I will commit to Michigan. Feel happy that there is a deadline on the horizon.
4/19--Visited Michigan for the first time. Loved the campus, though it snowed while I was there. I am sure this was the right choice, I was extremely impressed by all the people I met, the facilities, everything. Really happy with how my cycle turned out. Cycle is over