prayin4law (2022-2023)

Views: 2416 User Since: 04/15/07

Application Information

F - Fee Waiver A - Attending W - Withdrawn D - Deferred
Please Wait...
# Law School Status Type $$$ Sent Received Complete Interview Date Decision Updated
#7 Florida A&M University Waitlisted W Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 04/26/07 Comp: 04/27/07 Inter: -- Dec: 06/16/07 Upd: 17 years
#8 St. Thomas University - Florida WL, Accepted W Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 04/17/07 Comp: 04/18/07 Inter: -- Dec: 05/17/07 Upd: 17 years
#5 Appalachian School of Law Accepted A Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 03/13/07 Comp: 03/14/07 Inter: -- Dec: 06/11/07 Upd: 17 years
#10 Thomas M Cooley Law School Pending W Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 03/26/07 Comp: 03/27/07 Inter: -- Dec: -- Upd: 17 years
#3 John Marshall Law School - Atlanta Waitlisted Type: RA Sent: 05/12/07 Rec: 05/15/07 Comp: 05/16/07 Inter: -- Dec: 06/08/07 Upd: 17 years
Florida Coastal School of Law Pending Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: -- Comp: -- Inter: -- Dec: -- Upd: 17 years
#2 Campbell University Rejected Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 02/13/07 Comp: 03/07/07 Inter: -- Dec: 04/23/07 Upd: 17 years
#9 Charlotte School of Law Rejected Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 02/16/07 Comp: 03/07/07 Inter: -- Dec: 03/29/07 Upd: 17 years
#1 North Carolina Central University Rejected Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 02/15/07 Comp: 03/07/07 Inter: -- Dec: 05/11/07 Upd: 17 years
#6 Elon Law School Rejected Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 02/15/07 Comp: 03/07/07 Inter: -- Dec: 04/23/07 Upd: 17 years
#4 Valparaiso University Waitlisted Type: RA Sent: -- Rec: 04/16/07 Comp: 04/17/07 Inter: -- Dec: -- Upd: 17 years

Applicant Information

  • LSAT: 149
  • LSAT 2: -
  • LSAT 3: -
  • GRE : -
  • LSAC GPA: 3.14
  • Degree GPA: -
  • School Type: -
  • Major: Criminal Justice

Demographic Information

  • City: -
  • State: North Carolina
  • Race: -
  • Gender: Man
  • Non-Traditional Applicant: Yes
  • Years out of Undergrad: -

Extra Curricular Information

Pi Gamma Mu Honor Society; Dean's List; Phi Alpha Delta Legal Society;

I worked full time during my college career and have worked at a law firm for almost a year.

Additional info & updates

5/9- Geez, its been a long wait as I am still waiting to hear from the few remaining schools. I received the Valparaiso waitlist last week and it seems that list goes on and on. Elon's rejection letter wasn't bad as they made it seem they only accept 100 students for every school year, which I find hard to believe. NCCU has notified me via email that my file is complete that I should receive a letter notifying me of their decision in the upcoming weeks. I have formally withdrawn from Cooley as they were wanting more and more information that I have already sent to them. Appalachian notified me that I needed additional information in my file, so I mailed it out and added an extra letter from one of the attorney's I work with. Campbell's rejection wasn't worded bad and I still find it hard to believe I was rejected from Charlotte as they aren't even accredited yet. I am almost at the discouraged stage but I am hoping something good comes in the upcoming weeks.

Due to my late applications, most were done by mid-March due to the late LSAT, I feel this has hendered a lot of the decisions. I plan on continuing to work for the law firm I am currently employed at and possibly retake the LSAT hoping to get in the low 150s. We shall see though.

5/11- Got a thin letter in the mail from St. Thomas. I got accepted into their program and have until the end of May to lay down a seat deposit. I hope the other schools chime in something quick.

5/17- Got a thin letter in the mail from NCCU. Another rejection--you would think they wouldn't make you wait this long just for a rejection. I also talked to St. Thomas and received an extension till 6/1 to lay down a seat deposit.

6/8- Wait listed at John Marshall

6/11- Got phone call from Appalachian School of Law--I'm in.

Visitor Comments

You must be logged in to comment.
Not a registered user? Sign up now .
Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Elon isn't ABA either..... Hang in there

Sure thing
Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Thanks. It is all about timing. Hit and Miss.... It will work out. NEVER SAY DIE

John Marshall Atlanta
Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Why not send an application to John Marshall in Atlanta.....

not too late
Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

I spoke with their Director of Admissions....You have time. Get it in the mail.....

St. Thomas
Saturday, January 27 2007 at 07:00 PM

Hey, when did you originally apply to St. Thomas?

Sounds Fine
Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

I think anywhere that is ABA or on their way to ABA is the way to go...As long as you can sit and pass the bar, what does it matter? I am sure all of the IVY Leaguers will jump all over that, but I really don't care. Its just good to get in somewhere....

Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Hi - not sure if that 1 beside NCCU on your list means that its your first choice or something else..(dont want to assume)...but if it is your first choice....I pray/hope they come through for you......and SOON! Best of Luck!

hi again
Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Hi...thanks for the congrats. Sorry to hear about NCCU :-( I applied to a few of the schools on your list. JMSL - ATL was never a front runner since it is still provisionally approved but other then that, I haven't heard anything BAD about them. They deferred me, and I withdrew a while ago. Um, St Thomas is in Miami as you probably know. Someone I know got accepted there and to Florida Coastal..she chose Coastal because a.) it was less expensive b.) there will be fierce competion from other schools in Miami (FIU, UM etc etc) as oppossed to Coastal being the only LS in Jacksonville and c) she fell in love with the beaches in JAX :-). The only thing that worried me about St Thomas was their bar passage rate in the past years. However, I think this year that rate has increased some. FAMU - I know a couple of folks that are having issues with the admin when calling in to check on the status of their app...and I've heard about the search for a new Dean (I think the old one quit) as well as quite a number of faculty members quitting which has all caused a level of disconnect with the current students. I dont know anything about ASL or the other schools you mentioned....sorry! BTW ...I think the only thing that put you in a slight pickle is applying so late in the cycle - by March/ April - most seats are being filled! Nevertheless, good luck with the rest of your cycle!!!.....I'm sure those acceptances are right around the corner and you will make the right decision when the time comes:-)

Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

I think there are a bunch of things you would need to consider. However I think it WOULD be beneficial for you to continue working and re-apply in November/Dec. I believe that some of your rejections might be due to the fact that seats for the incoming class were 80-85% full by the time they started to review your app :-( You mentioned that you want to take the LSAT again...I personally never want to set my eyes on the LSAT again...LOL. BUT that is not the case with you so why not, with good preparation, you may greatly increase your score and apply to a broader range of schools.....If you don't mind waiting it out for a year and re-applying, go for it - If you have nothing to lose, go for it. An advantage for you might be an oppurtunity to save money and decrease the amount of loans you would need to take out in the fall of '08. Honestly speaking, I dont really care for the schools that you have left to hear from... BUT if you are determined to succeed regardless of the school and see yourself living for 3-5 years after graduation in any one of those cities - then who am I to stop ya :-). Again , lots of thing to consider just giving my .02 -C

Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Do you mean transferring back to a LS in North Carolina from a school out of state? If so, it is most definitely an OPTION. Some would say that you should not go to school expecting to transfer after 1 year but instead hoping and praying to do well so that transferring can be an option....maybe this is just semantics but it holds some truth. Depending on what school you are transferring to and from, you would need to be at a certain percentile - top 10%, top 5% etc etc. This is not impossible but will be difficult and cause greater stress if that number goal is hinged upon transferring ...there is a BIG difference in wanting to do well and wanting to do WELL (i.e. top 5-10%) becuase you want to transfer...(you probably dont want to be pondering day in and day out -"what if I dont make that percentile?" what if I make top 25% - what would my chances be THEN?" if you didn't even enough stress already. With that said, in my current situation, I want to look at transferring as an option (should the time come) and not an end goal. p.s. all schools have transfer policies on their website if you are interested in taking a looksie - some schools are far more transfer friendly then others! again, my .02!!! :-)

Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Things are going real well. I received my financial aid packet from NCCU last week and was satisfied.....I faxed it back this morning. Just waiting on the housing information...should come in the mail in july. Like you I dont want to wait until next year to start my life journey.....I think if you are focused and driven you will go to St. Thomas and come out on top....dont fret, I think you are on the right path if Marshall or Appalacian does not get back to you. Keep me updated!!! ~Chidimma

Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Congratulations on your Applachian acceptance! Wow! so you've made a final decision Did you not want to wait on the other schools.....Coastal and Florida A&M,?? (not including Cooley because I would not recommend it) Just curious..... -C

Thursday, March 01 2007 at 07:00 PM

Good to see about ASL. I have a 3l friend there and she is very happy with the school. Congrats. I got into John Marshall yesterday. Still waiting on Central. Just for the Financial aspect of it.....