2-3-07: Accepted at American! Large USPS Priority Package.
2-12-07: Accepted at George Washington! Phone call from Dean of Admissions.
2-21-07: Status checker at Georgetown went from "Complete" to "Decision." Which means I'll know in the next "week to 10 days." I surely hope it doesn't take that long!
2-22-07: Recieved my letter from Georgetown-white envelope-and found out I was waitlisted! Heck, at least I wasn't totally rejected!
3-12-07: Still waiting on George Mason...They are obviously focused on the full time program, and I'm getting really annoyed. I KNEW I should have said either/or on the application. They are still my #1 choice, but if I could afford it, I'd say "shove it" to them and go to GW instead.
3-21-07: Came home last night to a thin letter from George Mason. Waitlisted there. I'm in shock right now. I mean, at least it wasn't a rejection, and I'll still go there if they accept me, but I was not expecting it at all! So now I have some major decision making to do. I'll probably go to GW over American, but I need to take a closer look at their programs/the finances of it.
3-23-07: Ok, so the price difference between American and GW just aren't enough to NOT go to GW. It's much more convienient to work, home, plus it's GW, so it just makes more sense! So, I'll wait as long as possible before turning my first seat deposit in, just in case GMU comes to their senses sooner rather than later. However, if GMU DOES accept me at any time, I will forfeit the money I've given the GW.
I also decided to check the "I will accept admission to either the full time OR part time program," on the GMU waitlist postcard to stay on the waitlist. Figured I might as well give myself as many options as is possible. I don't really WANT to quit my job, but I will if that's what it takes to get me in!
4-12-07: My deposit to GW has been sent in, and I recieved a letter yesterday saying it had been recieved. Now, I just have to figure out the finance stuff!
But...I'll still go to Mason if/when they offer me a spot!
6-9-07: I recieved a letter from Georgetown saying they would not be able to admit me. It's totally not a surprise, and I was just happy to be kept on the waiting list this long! :)
And yes...still waiting on GMU...
8-15-07: After my first night of orientation at GWU, I decided to withdraw my application from GMU. While the Dean and I have formed quite the bond through our many, many e-mails to each other, there was simply nothing she could do about the fact that people just were not withdrawing like they expected them to, leaving them still over-enrolled. While I would have loved to have gone to GMU (so much cheaper, and still a great school!), I needed to have this decision MADE-for several reasons, one of the main being my own mental health. So I'll be starting classes on Monday at GWU! :) I'm FINALLY getting excited, and it's such a great feeling!
My advice to those who are just starting the process:
1) Get your apps in early-I have a feeling I would have ended up with a different result if I had gotten them in before January.
2) If there is a school you REALLY want to get into-be the squeaky wheel. Yes, there is a line between nudging enough to keep your name in mind and nagging to the point of being annoying, but because I stayed in contact, my chances of getting in off the wait list (if they had been able to go to the wait list) increased dramatically.
3) Waiting is AWFUL (I should know, it's 5 days before classes start, and I am just now able to say for certain where I'm going) , but try not to let it get to you-in the grand scheme of things, it'll work out!
4) Good luck!
Just wanted to say hi there - was trying to figure out your indexes and then realized you probably had an account too! :)