summaguy2023 (2022-2023)

Views: 2489 User Since: 02/21/06

Application Information

F - Fee Waiver A - Attending W - Withdrawn D - Deferred
Please Wait...
# Law School Status Type $$$ Sent Received Complete Interview Date Decision Updated
#3 St. John's University Accepted W Type: RA $13,000 Sent: 12/25/05 Rec: -- Comp: -- Inter: -- Dec: 02/15/06 Upd: 18 years
#1 Brooklyn Law School PT WL, Accepted A Type: RA Sent: 12/25/05 Rec: -- Comp: -- Inter: -- Dec: 04/10/06 Upd: 18 years
#1 Cardozo-Yeshiva University Waitlisted Type: RA Sent: 12/25/05 Rec: -- Comp: -- Inter: -- Dec: -- Upd: 18 years
New York University Rejected Type: RA Sent: 12/25/05 Rec: -- Comp: -- Inter: -- Dec: -- Upd: 18 years
Fordham University Rejected Type: RA Sent: 12/25/05 Rec: -- Comp: -- Inter: -- Dec: -- Upd: 18 years
Columbia University Rejected Type: RA Sent: 12/25/05 Rec: -- Comp: -- Inter: -- Dec: -- Upd: 18 years

Applicant Information

  • LSAT: 160
  • LSAT 2: -
  • LSAT 3: -
  • GRE : -
  • LSAC GPA: 3.55
  • Degree GPA: -
  • School Type: Mediocre Private
  • Major: -

Demographic Information

  • City: New York
  • State: New York
  • Race: Asian
  • Gender: Man
  • Non-Traditional Applicant: Yes
  • Years out of Undergrad: -

Extra Curricular Information

One year of full-time programming experience, still employed currently.
Honors, Dean's list.

Additional info & updates

Cardozo/Brooklyn sound SO good...awesome schools...I hope I'm given a shot by one of those two schools. :-

SJU gave great scholarship.. awesome school... still waiting for other two...

2/24 Called BLS, "You should hear shortly," and that's it. :-

2/25 Cardozo waitlist letter. Returned letter stating interest in May 06 program and Fall wait list. Still waiting for Brooklyn.

4/11 Going to SJU Law unless I get a call off of a waitlist. Going to my safety school :-( . First failure in my life.

Visitor Comments

You must be logged in to comment.
Not a registered user? Sign up now .
Saturday, December 03 2005 at 07:00 PM

I would probably pick Forham over Yeshiva at this point, but I still need to see what $ they give in financial aid. My top choice right now is Illinois because tehy gave me a scholarship, but I am still waiting to hear back from the UC schools

Fordham PT
Tuesday, December 06 2005 at 07:00 PM

If I can transfer into full time after doing 1L part-time, then it's going to be Fordham. I'm also eager to speak with the administration as they were very prompt in letting me know their decision when I told them I needed to send a deposit to Cardozo by March 15th. Best of luck! Congrats on the scholarship $$ from SJU -- very strong alumni network there!

thorc954 cannot follow directions.
Monday, March 13 2006 at 07:00 PM

Hey man, thanks :) I heard from them awhile back, so I am surprised you havent heard as well... Umm... my buddy just got her wait list letter like two weeks ago, so Im surprised. I think you will do fine though. The full time job outweighs my EC\\\'s anyway. It says mediocre private school... Hofstra or Adelphi?

oh, i forgot
Monday, March 13 2006 at 07:00 PM

Hey, I forgot, Ill probably go to GMU, its closer to home and slightly more competetive. Im still holding out for something in NC though...

Friday, January 06 2006 at 07:00 PM

It\\\'s actually looking like SJU or Syracuse. I\\\'d prefer SJU, I\\\'m just nervous about paying full tuition. Best of luck with the rest of your schools.

Saturday, September 17 2005 at 08:00 PM

with Brooklyn, I am confident you will get in!!! And St John's is a really good school as well!! ;0)

Monday, March 13 2006 at 07:00 PM

hey :) that sucks, im surprised you havent heard back yet. If it makes you feel better, I still have to hear back my top four schools... I wont even get decisions till may... I would definitely recommend going over to st johns since you live in the area and asking for an extension on your deposit date. I know gmu said they could do that under certain circumstances... good luck though, im sure you will get in :)

Waiting . . .
Tuesday, February 07 2006 at 07:00 PM

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is really, but it's been forever and I've only heard back from one place. I just want the rest to come in so I can get it over with.

Tuesday, December 27 2005 at 07:00 PM

Hey summa, we applied to a lot of the same schools, the same day actually and have very similar numbers. Anyway, I\\\'m pulling for you! Congrats on SJU, it\\\'s a great option.

hey :)
Monday, March 13 2006 at 07:00 PM

one option means the choice will be a lot easier, and atleast its still a good option. I would try calling them again. I feel like the schools in general are only accepting really high scores this year and are pushing off the remaining decisions until after deposits and withdrawals will be pulled. I think you stand a much better chance then someone that has already been waitlisted. I would give it a few more days, but i would definitely pressure them as well. you will do just as well with a ddefree from st johns as you would from brooklyn though. good luck. message me when you hear back :) if it makes you feel better im still waiting on all of my top five schools. :(

I know the feeling. . .
Tuesday, February 07 2006 at 07:00 PM

I'm so tired of waiting at this point. I run to the mailbox, but all I ever get is more stuff from Hastings. Hah. Well, at least it's somewhere and same to you. I have nightmares about getting the seven other rejections all at once. Anything is better than not knowing though.

Wednesday, September 07 2005 at 08:00 PM

Hey- Given the choice between NYLS and MSU, i would go to NYLS in a heartbeat... mostly because I really do want to attend law school in a big city, regardless of the costs. I'm hoping that I get that opportunity somewhere. Good luck with Brooklyn... definitely let me know how it goes! =)

checking in
Tuesday, February 07 2006 at 07:00 PM

just stopped by to see how things were going for oyu. i see brooklyn got back to you finally. hey, at least a waitlist is better than a rejection. where are you leaning? let me know

i'm silly
Tuesday, February 07 2006 at 07:00 PM

sorry about not wording that properly. i meant, are you going to enroll at sju and that's the end or are you really holding out for bls or cy at this point?

just wondering
Sunday, December 25 2005 at 07:00 PM

but have you considered maybe reapplying earlier in the cycle next year? bc it looks like youve got some solid numbers and its the fact that you apped in late dec that hurt you. i know it def hurt me at some schools i SHOULD have gotten into. you could just work another year and then reapply? or no?

hey bro
Monday, March 13 2006 at 07:00 PM

congrats on st johns. I feel like the asian thing hurt you at brooklyn. ive heard when they caculate scores they add to african americans and subtract from asians. definitely should get in off the waitlist though. im pushing for ya.

hey :)
Monday, March 13 2006 at 07:00 PM

St Johns law isnt bad bro, expecially not with scholarship money. congrats n it :) I really think Brooklyn is gonna come through. Its in the area where everyone accepted into NYU, Cardozo, Columbia, and Fordham used it as a backup so they will definitely dip really far into their waitlist for applicants. Im pushing for ya. Regardless of where you go, if you make law review, you will get hired on at big law and work among harvard grads. plus you will owe a lot less in student loans, so you can get a nicer car then those bastards :)

Monday, March 13 2006 at 07:00 PM

I forgot that I already sent you a message, now i feel like a stalker, i just keep track of the NYers on here... got figure out where my people are ending up.

Tuesday, February 07 2006 at 07:00 PM

Hey, Congrats on the in at Brooklyn. Glad to see you get in somewhere you really want to go. A