3/26 Baylor email, says I'm waitlisted for Fall but that if I apply for Spring 09 that I'm in. It's nice to know that I have options anyway. I kind of like the way Baylor works.
3/31 I've known the BYU waitlist/reject was coming since my status checker on the 28th showed that I had a decision letter sent, but didn't get the email. I'm bummed, but I can think of 10 reasons why I'm probably better off elsewhere.
4/7 In at ASU!! I'm excited about this one. I'd obviously prefer to go to my in-state school, but if that doesn't come through, my deposit is almost certainly going down here. I'm just hoping that I can figure out what my odds of in-state tuition for 2L and 3L are.
4/10 In at Cincinnati via email. It's nice to get in, applied off a fee waiver. It's a little ways from home, so we'll have to see if there is any kind of scholarship offer in the upcoming weeks. They said scholarship decisions would be out in 2-4 weeks.
4/11 Wow, two days in a row. In at UNLV! Just a short email telling me I'm in. Nothing else. Maybe there will be information about an $ in the white envelope. Email reminds me that deposit deadline is soon. I hope they give me until April 30, given that I just found out today and I still don't have a hard copy. UNLV is a consideration, but its contingent on money, especially with the future tuition hike.
Update--10,000 for the first year, renewable for 1/2 resident tuition based on performance in the top 1/3 of the class for years 2 and 3. This money and the relative ease of getting NV residency makes UNLV a pretty attractive option. I know about the tuition hike, but if keep the scholly, 30k of tuition debt at the end of 3 years is realistic.
4/12 Best day ever. Brand new baby girl, and then when I come home to pick up a couple things, a huge envelope from the U is sitting on my doorstep. I am so excited to be matriculating there this fall. I need a couple days to make sure this is the best decision, but I think it is, and my withdrawals will come through shortly.
4/15 Put deposit down at the U and withdrew from everywhere else. I'm happy with how things have turned out.
4/26 Waitlisted at Colorado with small envelope. Colorado is really expensive even for residents, and I hear mixed reviews on the Colorado legal market, so I don't think I'd go unless there was money involved, and I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be. Withdrew from waitlist.
5/27 WL-Reject at BYU. I've known this would happen since last Thursday when the status checker went "Decision Rendered" which is never a good thing. (It should say "Congratulations" if it's good news) I'm really happy to be going to the U, and it's probably good for me to add a little academic diversity to my resume anyway. SLC has more opportunities for work during the school year for 2L and 3L if i I so choose, so it would have been a tough decision anyway. Now I don't have to make it.