I probably won't end up going to LC or Willamette unless I get great money.
10/4/2007 Taking the LSAT (aka that HORRIBLE test) one more time in December. Hopefully throwing myself into incredible debt for a zillion dollar LSAT class will get me past the 160 mark.
12/20: Hit that 160 (1300 dollars for one point...) Now it's on to finishing the applications and having them in by January 1.
1/23: So much for Jan. 1st. Everything is in. Now it's the waiting game.
2/6: I need a distraction. I'm checking the mailbox everyday and it's only been two weeks!
2/8: small white envelope from UK. TERRIFIED me. Turns out that I missed a question on my application: "have you ever applied to the University of Kentucky?" They couldn't have called me about that one?!
2/19: Got word today that UConn hasn't gotten my college certification. I HATE MY UG'S REGISTRAR. Thanks to their delays, the small chance that I had at uconn just got even smaller.
2/25: Why do people post fake lsat scores/gpa on this site? + emailed Willamette today becuase I haven't gotten any type of "your application is complete" email/letter/call/etc. I'm not spending the money to pay for another lsac report if it got lost in the mail.
2/29: I can't help but suspect that the mailman is stealing my letters
Later that day: okay, maybe the mailman isn't secretly destroying my future. Got in at Willamette!!!!!!!!! 20,000 a year scholarship. That first acceptance is sooo sweet.
3/1: Big white envelope = in at UK. Yay for choices
3/5: 90% sure that I'll be at UK or UConn (if i get in) come fall. LC is too expensive and Willamette isn't for me. But we'll see....
3/13: This website is like crack. I'm addicted.
Seriously though, I can only afford to visit one school meaningggggg that uconn needs to get back to me asap so I can make travel plans to visit either there or uk.
3/14: Something just occured to me: I submitted my FAFSA after Willamette and UK had made their decisions. Long story short: the financial aid department and I will be best friends. Maybe that why the other schools are taking their time and have made decisions on applications submitted AFTER mine. I'm still biting my nails - they look horrible. I need a manicure. and some hightlights.
Deferred at LC.
The letter said that they'll look at my application again if any seats open up. If no seats open and I still want to be considered (and they don't reject my ass) then they'll put me on a wait list. I wanted to immediately pull my application...I don't handle rejection well...then i got the "don't close any doors" lecture.
I still hate them. not really.
3/19 - Non-Resident scholarship from UK. 3,000/yr. But it's 10,000/yr cheaper if I'm a resident...those numbers don't add up. They've been so friendly and easy to deal with that UK is quickly jumping to my first choice.
3/22 - Rejected at UConn. Not terribly surprised - it was taking them a long time to get back to me. Given how hard they've been to deal with I'm not heartbroken either.
3/26 - Email from Drusilla (we're basically on a first name basis now) upping my scholarship to completely make up for non-resident tuition. Still going to visit Willamette, but I don't think I can turn this down.
4/2 - Visiting Willamette on the 12th, but I'm sending a check to UK 1. because I'll probably go there and 2. I don't want it to be late.
4/16 - I went to the beach on Friday night and anyone who was in Portland on Saturday knows how uncharacteristically nice it was. So instead of visiting Willamette I stayed at the beach.
When I got my acceptance letter they didn't give me the "yes, I accept or no, leave me alone" form so I sent them an email today. I'm sure they figured it out yesterday when they didn't get a check from me.
4/25: One of the few reasons I'd stay in Portland would be to stay with my trainer (for horsey riding.) I freakin' adore her - but Lewis and Clark would have to 1. let me in, and 2. give me money. Unlikely. I like her, but I like saving 50,000 dollars more.
Cinco de Mayo: I want to learn Spanish.
I work at a community college and get to take any class for 5 bucks. Cheapest way to learn a language, no?
Actually, I'd like to apply for the Fulbright MBA program in Spain post-law school. I've never been there, but I think I'd like it. That frame of mind seems to be a trend these days.
I guess some econ classes might help too.
Dear Lewis and Clark: please make a decision. I need to know...even if it is just a rejection letter.
scratch that: please accept me.
5/6: Lewis and Clark listened. They accepted me via email. I applied to their evening program as a first choice. This would mean keeping my job...which is good. Still more than UK...which is bad. Now I don't know what to do.
5/7: Keeping my job won. I withdrew from UK today. Kinda sad...I was getting really excited about moving.