dytmomx3II (2017-2018)

Views: 317     User Since: 11/23/17

Application Information

F - Fee Waiver, A - Attending, W - Withdrawn, D - Deferred
Law School Status Type $$$ Sent Received Complete Decision Updated
Ohio Northern University graph Pending 12/07/17 -- -- -- 10 days
University of Toledo graph Pending 12/04/17 -- -- -- 13 days
University of Kentucky graph Pending 12/04/17 -- -- -- 13 days
Northern Kentucky University graph Pending 12/04/17 -- -- -- 13 days
University of Dayton graph Pending 12/04/17 -- -- -- 13 days
University of Louisville graph Intend to Apply -- -- -- -- 15 days
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law graph Intend to Apply -- -- -- -- 15 days
Capital University graph Waitlisted 11/17/17 11/17/17 11/30/17 -- 18 days
Michigan State College of Law graph Intend to Apply -- -- -- -- 19 days
Widener University graph Pending 11/17/17 11/18/17 11/27/17 -- 20 days
Thomas M Cooley Law School graph Accepted 07/07/17 -- -- 08/08/17 25 days

Applicant Information

Liberal Arts
N/A out of N/A

Demographic Information

1-2 Years

Extra Curricular Information

Accepted to Cooley but confident I can increase my LSAT score. Realizing it looks lazy if I don't at least study and retake it once! Was able to leave my job, and now that finished w/undergrad, I can devote my time, nearly 35 hours a week, to studying for this beast of a test. Not giving up.


-8/2017 -Accepted to Cooley. Kind of taking the path of least resistance if I don't take the LSAT at least one more time.. I owe it to myself to study hard this time, whereas my first test I did not study and took it cold.

-12/2017 Spoke to asst admissions Dean at Capital who informed me I would be strongly considered and likely in if I raise my score. They would like to WL me but would like for me to improve my score. Told her I was sitting for Feb. lsat & she said that's great they will make a decision as soon as my score comes in. I was WL here last year.

12/2017- Officially registered for the Feb. 2018 LSAT.

12/4/17 - Sent apps to 4 UK, UD, NKU, and UT. Confirmed that all will hold my app until the Feb. LSAT score is in.

Visitor Comments

  • Having a strong desire to retake the LSA
  • Monday, November 27 2017 at 09:39 AM

I think I ought to study over the next 10 weeks and sit for the February exam...

- dytmomx3II
  • Registered for the Feb. LSAT
  • Wednesday, November 29 2017 at 09:18 AM

Going to study my butt off over the next 10 weeks.

- dytmomx3II
  • Spoke to an admissions worker from Capit
  • Thursday, November 30 2017 at 10:33 AM

She said they will WL me now to put my app on hold and review my app if I take the LSAT again and increase my score which will give me a better chance of getting in. They will make a decision after my LSAT score comes in. My goal is at least a 10 pt jump which I am confident I can do.

- dytmomx3II
  • Thursday, November 30 2017 at 05:24 PM

Good luck! Ive been impatiently waiting to here from schools for this current application cycle and I retake the lsat Saturday for the 3rd time

- Dmoore27
  • Hey dmoore27
  • Thursday, November 30 2017 at 07:07 PM

I made a new profile, I am dytmomx3, if that wasn't apparent lol. I was all set to start Cooley but with their recent issues about accreditation I think I need to explore other options. I feel like I didn't even try by only taking the LSAT once. I'm pumped for February's test. Studying hardcore. Have you seen an increase in any prep tests you're taking? BEST of luck to you this Saturday.

- dytmomx3II
  • Thursday, November 30 2017 at 10:39 PM

I must have been living under a rock they are having accreditation issues ? And yes it was apparent who you were worth the name lol . And my prep test scores are always higher than what my actual test scores are just because of my test anxiety in high pressure situations. Thank you !

- Dmoore27
  • Saturday, December 02 2017 at 09:35 PM

How do you think you did on the test?

- liacortez07
  • Dmoore27 how'd you do?
  • Sunday, December 03 2017 at 06:13 PM

How do you think the test went? I hope you're recovering well. It's such a beast of a test. But yes, they're currently in a lawsuit with the ABA over 509 (b) accreditation issues, the ABA says they're not compliant and Cooley sued them. It's scary honestly. I hope I get in somewhere else. I'd much prefer Ohio to be closer to family. Capital & NKU are my top choices, I just have to raise up my score.

- dytmomx3II
  • Monday, December 04 2017 at 02:52 PM

I saw your comment on my page and replied lol i should have checked here first lol, but i think it went well im praying i raised my score at least another 10-11 points that woulf put me in the 150s. after you said that about cooley i researched it and saw, kind of glad they didnt accept me their bar passage rate is very low so i see what the ABA is talking about. And yes Im from ohio and all my family is there but i didnt really apply to schools there i thought about applying to capital. im starting to be discouraged a bit because I put applications out at the begininng of the cycle and have yet to here anything and i really cant afford to keep paying for applications and the LSAT

- Dmoore27
  • Fee waiver?
  • Monday, December 04 2017 at 02:54 PM

I was approved for a fee waiver. But I have children so I think that played a role, having dependents. I'm currently not working and getting by on a savings account to study my ass off for the LSAT. MOST schools, that aren't like top schools, will hold your file until the scores come in. All that are on my list above, I emailed asking if they would hold until Feb scores come in and they said it would be automatically held if I notate that I am taking a future test UNLESS I ask them to not hold it and review off of score already on file..

- dytmomx3II
  • Monday, December 04 2017 at 03:57 PM

I had a fee waiver but ive used all the application sends and ive taken the 2 LSAT test. And you only get one every two years. Most of the schools i have applied to consider your file complete if they dont think your score will improve but I havent heard from anything for any of the 4 ive applied to so it is a possibility they are holding for my December scores im just hoping and praying they are better than before.

- Dmoore27
  • Saturday, December 09 2017 at 12:51 AM

@dytmomx311 hello! That fee waiver is a god send I could not afford this process w out it. I am a single mother so I don't want that expire lol. Between cas, and the cost of these tests! It's saving me big time. That's good to know some schools will hold your scores. I live in Oklahoma my top choice is Tulsa University, but honestly I'd move. It's just kinda scary w kids when you have family support. We can do this ladies @dmoore27

- ahoward9
  • @ahowarf9
  • Saturday, December 09 2017 at 06:22 PM

Single mom here too! Yeah I'd move if I had to. We can do this you're right for sure. I'm getting mentally drained from studying but not giving up.

- dytmomx3II
  • Monday, December 11 2017 at 12:50 PM

Yes! Id relocate ! Have to just tough it out and hope for the best!

- Dmoore27
  • Monday, December 11 2017 at 12:50 PM

Well I have relocated ** but Id relocate again

- Dmoore27

You must be logged in to comment. Not a registered user?
Sign up now


Add Application

Choose a School*