Graduated from the University of MD College Park in 2004. GO TERPS!!!
GPA was middling there, but I was in their most elite Honors program and did earn a dual degree (which requires an additional 30 credit hours vs. a double degree) in Biology and Government and Politics. Gov't GPA was good (3.86), BIO GPA not so much (3.03), so I tried to spin that with a GPA addendum.
***Post Graduation Work Experience***
Currently a US Peace Corps Volunteer in China
Intern for Cong. Chris Van Hollen
Asst. Manager for the NCLB Program at a Huntington Learning Center in DC/Northern VA
Acting Greenbelt Kid's Supervisor at the Greenbelt Rec Dep't
Various employment during school, average of 8-10 hours a week
***Current School Updates (See dates above)***
IN: USD, U Denver, U Miami (FL), Cardozo, U Maryland, American
OUT: NYU, U Penn, Columbia
WL: BC, BU, GW, Fordham, UCLA
???: U Minn.
CURRENT SCORE: 6-4-5 (2nd place, Atlantic Division) with 1 game left
***Overall, things are going as one would expect. I really hope I get pulled off the WL at either BC, BU, GW or Fordham.
***Decided to apply to U Minnesota today, only because they sent me a nice email saying they'd extended their application deadline. I know its a good school, probably won't even get in, but if I do...
***I'm considering not confirming at any of the schools I've been accepted to and just hoping to get off the waitlist somewhere. Crazy? Maybe... what do you all think? I'm in the running for a full-tuition scholarship at Sturm, however, that could drastically change that dynamic.
***Waitlisted at my fifth school today... some kind of record? One would think so.
***Chancellor's Scholarship at UD!! Full tuition for all three years. Now what to do, what to do??
***Changed a "6" to a "9" and now it looks like NYC is a real possibility....
***Withdrew from Miami today (3/29). Hard to do, but not that hard. Hope somebody gets my scholarship $$$
***More money from USD today (3/30). Its nice of them to offer more, but I don't think I can take 69k when Dozo is offering 90 and Denver a full ride.
***Got two letters today (4/1). DINGED at Columbia, no surprise there. Waitlisted at UCLA, which was very exciting!! They sent the letter more than a month ago, however, and wanted me to reply within 3 weeks. I hope I can still accept their offer. Can't believe they didn't spring for the Air Mail fee to China! (Columbia did with my not-so-nice Rejection letter).
***(4/2) This is INSANE. In the last 24 hours I've received 3 decisions and a massive scholarship offer. I have NO IDEA what to do. I've been accepted into American's JD/MA program in IR, which is a great program, but I need some $$$ before I can commit. USD has offered me a FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP + $5000 per year stipend. How can I turn THAT down? And Denver wants to know whether I'm going there within the next 9 days..........
***I'm going to Cardozo!!! =)***