Stupidly took the LSAT last year with minimal prep. September score was better but I had a bad section (Games). Retaking in December because practice test avg. was still considerably higher. I think the higher score will be worth the extra time. Update: It was worth it: 169!!
Input is welcome
12/30/07 - All apps are out. I won't apply anywhere else without fee waivers from the Dec. LSAT. Now it's just a waiting game.
1/17/07 - In at Baylor via email. That was fast. Nice way to start off the cycle.
1/19/07 - Waitlisted at Notre Dame via U.S. Mail. Eh...., I applied there on a whim because I wanted more options. It's better than being rejected. I think I have about a 50/50 shot.
1/25/08 - In at SMU via phone call. This is pretty cool. I live about five minutes from the school. Nice to have the hometown option. Now if I can get some money out of them.........
2/2/08 - In at Houston via U.S. Mail. Got to love the Texas schools. They have been getting back to me very quickly. Here's hoping the rest follow through as well.
2/7/08 - $$$ at SMU via U.S. mail. This makes them a major player. Very nice of them.
2/8/08 - In at Tulane via status checker. Very nice. We'll have to see if they offer some green.
2/13/08 - $$ at Tulane via U.S. Mail. Must maintain a 3.0. Nice but much less than SMU and has more restrictions.
2/14/08 - Withdrew from Tulane. Could not see myself paying more to go there over SMU. I hope that frees up some money for others.
2/18/08 - In at WUSTL via email. I am super excited about this! I thought that I had a decent chance but you never know. They will be in the discussion for sure.
2/19/08 - Withdrew from Baylor, Houston, and Notre Dame. If I am going to move I want their to be a clear advantage to turning down the money from SMU. I don't think these schools fit that bill. I may withdraw from a few others if I get accepted.
3/3/08 - $$ From WUSTL via U.S. mail. Weird because it was a little unexpected but at the same time a little bit of a let down. It will still cost a buttload to go but now a smaller buttload. Now trying to figure out if it's worth it.
3/6/08 - Waitlisted at Emory via U.S. Mail. Moot point wasn't going to go because of the choices I already have but wanted a decision. About to withdraw.
3/20/08 - Texas says no via snail mail. That was the ultimate dream but I still have some good options. It still sucks though.
3/24/08 - Waitlisted at Colorado Via U.S. Mail. They were out of the picture a long time ago. Withdrawing. Now just waiting for my rejection from Northwestern and the cycle is complete.
4/4/08 - Made a Final decision via my brain. I'm going to take the money and run to SMU. Went to the ASD today and really liked it. Also most of the attorneys that I work with have spoken very highly of the school. So that's it. I Put in the Deposit and withdrew from WUSTL. I think SMU is the best place for me and my future goals.
4/14/08 - Rejection at northwestern via email. It's over.