Fee Waivers of interest:
U. of Miami
University of Colorado-Boulder
I have appreciated seeing the cycle timeline on alot of people's accounts so I will try to do this from the beginning. Will welcome any advice/constructive criticism.
9/18/06- Less than two weeks to go before LSAT, not nervous but anxious to see where I stand and move on to the application stage. Any others taking the test this month let me know how you are preparing.
10/20/06-Well, turns out my high hopes were premeditated, just got my email, 163. Not enough to make up for my GPA but I suppose could be worse. I'll make some adjustments to my list and decide whether I'm taking again in December, putting it off for another year, or taking my chances now. Would appreciate any advice.
10/25/06-Not going to retake the LSAT, I'll try to get as many apps in by December 1st as possible.
11/16/06-Sent applications to American U., Loyola L.A., and Pepperdine via LSAC, the rest I will be sending this or next week . Still don't have my LORs but I know for a fact that one is in the mail.
12/02/06-Sent three more apps in, still no word on my LORs, was promised they would both be in by mid December but I'd like that to happen a litte sooner considering some of my reach schools.
12/06/06-Two LORs in the mail as of this morning so I should be complete everywhere before Christmas. A little later than I would have liked but before the New Year cutoff that I had given myself. The waiting game begins.
01/09/07-Placed calls to BC, Notre Dame, Pepperdine, and U. of Arizona to verify that apps are complete since I had not heard back from either school. BC is still sorting out holiday mail but assured me that if it was sent prior to the New Year then I would be complete, all others verified that I was complete as of the end of last week. Considering how late these and Minnesota are I don't expect to hear from them until February, hopefully sooner for my other two schools. The waiting begins.
01/19/07-Got a call from SO saying that I had received large white envelope from Loyola Law School. She opened and gave me the good news, I will definitely be attending Law School this Fall.
01/25/07-Another call from SO while at work, USPS Priority mailing, accepted at American. Going two for two early will be a nice way of easing the pain of my pending rejections.
02/13/07-Received three letters in small envelopes, rejection from Boston College, nicely written and somewhat expected so not too disappointing, and waitlists for both Minnesota and Notre Dame. While I realize this will extend the waiting period, I am excited to know that I am still being considered by two great schools.
02/23/07-Received small envelope from Pepperdine advising me that I had been placed on their waitlist. Considering that I have already been accepted at Loyola I will be withdrawing from this list.
03/26/07-Been a while since I have updated, I will be withdrawing from American and the Minnesota wait list, I strongly considered American but in light of many different factors I think that Loyola is a better fit for me. Arizona has still not responded but I will withdraw if accepted. Still keeping the hope alive for Notre Dame, we shall see.
07/17/07-Well, still haven't heard from Notre Dame so I am going about as if attending Loyola. At this point even a miracle acceptance at ND may get ignored.
07/20/07-Finally got the letter, in a telling small off-white envelope, informing me that I would not be accepted off the waitlist. A little disappointing but I think that I had resigned myself to Loyola already. Maybe if I had actually shown more interest and continued to send them additional information (LORs, promotions, and such). I am happy, however, to be able to confidently say that I will be at LLS in about a month and I am looking forward to it.