*low GPA because I repeatedly failed Calculus 2 my freshmen year of college... when I thought I wanted to be an engineer. :shaking head:
*applied to schools with good public interest/social justice programs...
***scholarship money is for all 3 years.
yet another day with an empty mailbox... =(
soo... just called boston college (per their scholarship emails suggestion to see my status) and they said a decision should be mailed out next week!
i also think i'm going to withdraw from a handful of schools i know i won't be attending anymore...
next week... ha. more like last week. just got my second rejection. =/ boalts letter was so much nicer than bostons. oh well. keep them coming i wanna know where i'll be in a few months!
soo... i went decision at georgetown yesterday! =X i mean.. logic would tell me i'm out but who knows!?
i also found out yesterday that my file is still being reviewed at hastings.
ha. so many updates. i also have an 'interview' with a loyola ad comm on 02/25.
Out at GULC. That was a given though. I'm starting to think I'm probably out at everything above American...
I got into CLEO though and am unsure if I should go through with it? As other people have said 2k is a lot of money and I mean I don't know how well it prepares you or not... any ideas?
So I sent in my deposit for CLEO. I'll be in San Diego this summer. I also contacted most of the schools I have pending as well as GULC, who's a member school, although I already received a decision, they said they would reconsider my file and I should have a decision in April/May. Nuts. This CLEO program is awesome.
So I withdrew from a few schools and am actually mostly interested in the schools that are left. blah. After being rejected from Davis my hope of getting into Hastings is diminishing by the day... =/
Waitlisted at Hastings...
After waiting more than their 6-8 weeks usual turnaround time... I was placed on Hold at Northwestern! I'm actually super stoked seeing that my numbers merit an auto-reject! woo hoo! (I'm also revealing my hidden app now that I figure the deferral wasn't just a computer glitch. :X)
With a heavy heart I withdrew from Seattle and DePaul... if only both those schools were in Cali... :/
Its funny how I went in to this uncertain if any school would accept me. I had hoped I'd be so lucky to get into any of these schools I'm withdrawing from... now I'm hoping Northwestern (a T14) feels generous in offering me a spot... ha.
eeek. decision mailed at vanderbilt yesterday... 03/24... i'm going out of town tomorrow... hopefully i'll have Awesome mail come sunday ;) (yea right)
put in my seat deposit at santa clara today. as i've said before, when i went into this law school thing... santa clara was my dream school. it had everything i wanted in a school... but then... i discovered this site and tls and yea... now i'm considering retaking my lsat (actually studying hardcore) and re-applying? I mean.. i dunno. what to do, what to do...
finally heard back from Loyola... waitlist -> withdraw. now to just hear back from arizona (which sadly enough i probably wouldnt consider anymore because i'm pretty set on staying in the bay) i'm supposed to hear back from some re-evaluations due to CLEO but as I said before, I'm pretty set on attending Santa Clara (if Hastings doesn't come through with the wait list). the only school i would drop everything for is Northwestern.
Finally heard from my last school. Now to hope/wish and pray I get off the waitlist at Hastings / prepare myself for Santa Clara. Either way I'm stoked that I'm going to law school next year and staying in the bay. :)
Just received the official 'no' from NU and found out that I am indeed on the LEOP waitlist at Hastings. So now to just hope a few people who got into LEOP decide to not go. :)