My cycle is over- the below has been modified to exclude my unhelpful rantings
$$ is total over three years
1/10 Accepted by email at W&L!
1/11 Found out Vandy decision was sent 1/9
1/16- Received Priority Mail package from Vandy
1/17- Georgetown decision made according to status check-Will this be a ding for the second time?
1/22- Michigan status check was decision when I checked today
1/24- Today I am essentially going crazy wondering where my (probable) ding from Georgetown might be. I live 15 minutes away, you'd think it'd take less than a week. So I continue the waiting game....
1/26- Big letter from Michigan in the mail today!
2/2- GW waitlisted me again this year
2/8 So yesterday I finally got a hold of someone at GULC who helped me with this pesky ding (probable)/WL letter that I've been waiting for since 1/17.
2/9 I received the letter from Georgetown today- I am on their Preferred Waitlist. At least it's an improvement over last year!
2/26 Acceptance e-mail from Cornell on my lunch break!
2/28 small letter stating I've been placed on the Preferred Waitlist at BC unless I don't respond within two weeks. I will not be responding. Also, the Cornell status checker still says complete (though I received the official acceptance via mail today).
3/1 Received notice of Dean's Scholarship from Vanderbilt. This means I'm definitely withdrawing from W&L.
3/3 Withdrew via email from W&L.
3/10 I got my award from Michigan today. Still no word from my pending four schools.
3/12 Ding from Yale! At least my first ding of the cycle was a good one. Small envelope postmarked 3/10-it was sent bulk mail.
3/20 I came home from dogsitting this whole week to find that I have been placed on "Hold" at Columbia. Submitted LOCI and LOR from current employer.
3/31 I just got back from visiting Cornell (which I love) yesterday; I got notice that along with everyone else on LSN a decision has been made on my UVA app; also got the "send us a LOCI" email from Columbia (which I already did)...
4/2 Priority non-resident WL at UVA.
4/7 I have decided to skip the whole UVA interview thing after my visit to Michigan this weekend as I have decided that Cornell is the place I should be! Withdrew from Vandy.
4/10 WHAT! NYU acceptance- this one I have to consider.
4/15 Hold changed to Reserve/WL by Columbia.
Also, NYU money tonight. The difference is now only 10k, so I'm especially torn.
4/16 Deposit to Cornell after I didn't hear from them on an extension so I could visit NYU.
4/20 went to ASD at NYU this weekend- loved it- this is where I will be going to law school. Withdrew from Michigan and Cornell (also asked for a refund at Cornell as they granted me an extension 2 days after the deadline- worth a try). I will be sending "decline" letters to all the waitlists I haven't withdrawn from this weekend.