I have a blog at http://thepinkhighlighter.blogspot.com
March 28th - Called UTK today. I was rejected. I don't care. I'm glad to finally have an answer. My cycle is complete. 7 acceptances, 1 waitlist, and 1 rejection. I'm satisfied. Part of me wishes I'd reached higher than lateral T3 schools, but that's ok. I'm really excited about SIU. I'm ready for August!
March 13th - Called UTK. My application "is still at committee until April 1st." Um, ok. So they haven't gone right out and rejected me. Wtf?
Called Quinnipiac. Decision mailed last week. Conversation went something like this: "I need to withdraw my name regardless of the decision. I moved so I won't even get it until it forwards to my new address." "Ok. Email us at blah blah" "Was I accepted or rejected?" "Um, neither?" "Well - deferred or waitlisted?" "Waitlisted."
Quinnipiac waitlisted me. I can't even be insulted over that. It's just TOO DAMN FUNNY. Ha!
March 12th - Received email from Willamette inviting me to admitted students preview day. Made a phone call. They sent the decision last Monday to my old address in TN. I informed her I'm going to be attending SIU. STILL! ANOTHER ONE! I'm EXCITED. Yeah...
March 2nd - Envelope came in the mail to my old address in Tennessee. A card from Golden Gate inviting me to their open house for ADMITTED STUDENTS. I guess this is their way of telling me I was admitted? Hrmph. I'm calling them Monday to say I'm going to SIU. (Edit 3-6-07: Email received saying YES I'm admitted, and I responded saying I'm going to SIU.)
Feb 3rd - Large package came from Drake. I need to formally withdraw all my apps so people who are waitlisted get their opportunities.
Jan 27th: I got in to SIU today. It's official. I'm moving to Carbondale, Illinois in a month for in-state tuition. I need to withdraw all my other applications. I'm SO excited!
Jan 8th: WNEC package came in the mail. It's official now.
Jan 3rd: received phone call acceptance from Western New England today with a renewable $17,000/year merit scholarship! I called Southern Illinois to find out if my application was complete and the admissions officer said it wasn't and asked to call me back. When she did, she explained there was a mistake, my application IS complete, and is now being sent to the committee. Yikes. This is my top choice! I talked about getting in-state tuition. I have to move there and have paperwork complete by Feb 20th and I'll be able to get in-state tuition beginning with Fall 2007. Oh, I hope this works out!
Dec 26th: received acceptance letter from U of Toledo at my parents' house (letter - no package? eh?) including a card saying I need to let them know by Jan 22nd if I'm coming or not -? Will be picking up said weird letter today (Dec 28th) for inspection. I don't anticipate hearing back from all schools by this date. Toledo is my 2nd choice school. Dying to hear back from the 1st choice, Carbondale...
Dec 21st: received package from Valparaiso today (turns out was sitting at parents' house for almost a week and they failed to tell me...jerks). One down, eight to go.