So feel free to comment/question and I hope that everyone has a successful application year!
6/1/10 - I'm leaving some of the schools up to give people a sense of how competitive law school admissions is & how unpredictable it truly is. There are several schools that I really expected to have been admitted to and in the end was not even waitlisted.
Otherwise, I have started a blog and will be blogging my way through this law school adventure! Feel free to follow along and share stories and suggestions @ :
-5/23/10 - I suppose Touro must have really been considering my app lol.. I will enthusiastically be attending Cooley-Ann Arbor in January (possibly May given moving in winter may not be so fun). I've met with alumni of Cooley and everyone has good things to say so don't let yourself get caught up in the rankings. Get caught up in the fact that you're going to be a lawyer someday instead!
- 4/30/10- So rejected at famu and nova.. honestly thats really shitty for whatever my opinion counts for these days. I'll be awaiting Touro's rejection letter in the near future, and I will happily take my scholarship & admission to Cooley- Ann Arbor and be going there in January. And Thank You Cooley for being up front about admissions, as 75% of the other schools are clearly misleading. Best of Luck to you all!
-4/19/10- Accepted at Cooley- Ann Arbor! I'm going to do this and start in january so that I can save up money to get started with housing in michigan. Also, I'm planning a public service law career and Cooley is a public service focused school so this works. Also 25% scholarship @Cooley too! Still considering Widener for a little bit, but I don't think I could start there in January.
-4/9/10- No @ JFK U in cal ?! really people? your not even accredited... I'm glad widener sees the positive side of things.
- 4/3/10- 7 schools left, waitlisted at Widener so far! Cooley is continuing the bs about a dismissed misdemeanor that I will more than likely be giving documentation on from here til I die since I've already sent back documentation 3 times now. So... I'm waiting to hear back from: Nova, Cooley, Southern, FAMU, Western New England, Touro, and JFK in Berkeley, CA.
I'm hopeful about most of the remaining schools and completely open to anything available at Widener.
- 4/2/10- Complete @ FAMU, and WAITLISTED at Widener!!! I'm totally excited about this and will be fully open to ft/pt and either campus. Widener is great & I'd be very glad to go there.
-3/29/10- Decision rendered at Ave Maria & Valpo letter in the mail so we'll find out soon.
- 3/22/10- Widener finally shows my file as complete (although its been complete for over a month, yay for processing). Otherwise just still waiting.. I'd take a waitlist by now lol
- 3/13/10- "Denied" at detroit mercy.. yet they refuse to tell you over the phone or email or anything besides the mail. Yet everyone who gets accepted gets notified over the phone. ... Cowards!
-3/12/10- rejected at Jones!! F'ing really??? IF anyone knows somewhere I CAN get in by all means say so ..thanks :) ..im open to non aba school with federal funding.
-3/10/10- Seriously shitty day...Denied at St Thomas (miami) & Oklahoma city.... wow really lame.
- 2/23/2010- Valpo, Western New England, and Nova are all submitted- all part time. I've already received emails from memphis, st thomas, and ok city u. confirming my app and with the exception of memphis saying it should only take 2-3 weeks to make a decision. My Cooley application should be being reviewed this week.
- 2/16/2010 - submitted apps to oklahoma city, memphis, and st thomas-miami, also to UMASS dartmouth/southern new england and to JFK U. in berkeley, CA for non-aba schools.
- 2/11/2010 - Denied at Hamline pt.. disappointed again, really disappointed that Hamline would not review my updated transcript- I was denied before fall semester grades were updated. I've applied to Southern New England School of law in Mass (a non aba school), and I'm also applying to San Joaquin College of Law (another non aba school) outside Fresno, CA. More lower tier FL schools to come as well.
- 1/26/2010 - Denied admission to barry, this was my favorite law school option and would have been really close to home but oh well moving on. For now, Im focusing on getting admitted to Cooley- Ann Arbor over the next week to have something for sure. After that, then on to Famu & a few other more safety schools. Also, I'm applying to Southern New England School of Law in the Cape Cod area of Mass its only regionally accredited but you can still practice in about half the states after some experience. So moving on with some hope!
- 1/16/2010 - I now have a complete law school list, and plan on completing all of my apps by february 1st. My goal is to get into a law school, I'm open to moving and just hoping I can get in someplace- although preferably in Florida. Thankfully there are 11 law schools in the state.
*** 12/30/09 - I have applied to Barry, Hamline, and Cooley Law thus far, and received my december 09 lsat ... a reasonable 149 which I hope will get me in somewhere! I just checked today and my cooley file is complete and should be reviewed soon, I really want to get admitted here very soon so I can have somewhere for sure.
URM= LGBT... not sure how much weight is given to this factor though.. if you know please tell me your experience:)
- I'm interested in family law/public interest, I'm from the Tampa Bay area and would like to stay in Florida for law school, but am open to any area at least near a major city.
** All schools listed are for the fall 2010 cycle