I don't think either of us will have any problems with Iowa...here's hoping to a full scholarship offer to the both of us! You know that with your numbers you would have a great shot at Vandy/UT and other great T15-20 schools. Do you just want to stay in Iowa?
They never really said for certain that I was complete. I assumed that I was when they gave me status checker info I guess. Also, yes I'm from Iowa.
I never received notice of being complete. My status checker even now still says "Admission Decision: In Progress" I was notified by e-mail by the way- so hopefully that speeds up the process. Good luck!
There's a status checker on ISIS, but it was pretty much useless for me. I don't remember it ever indicating complete.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm sure you'll hear reasonably soon given when you submitted. Your numbers definitely seem like you're safe, especially as a resident. Then again, who knows how they treat you UNI kids ;)
with your lsat score i wouldnt worry about the lack of $$$ from loyola - you are going to have a lot of nice options to choose from. waiting to hear from iowa and madison is killin me... good luck!
You're a lock! Seriously, with your LSAT you will definitely get in. The only thing you have to worry about is how much scholarship money they will offer you.
I just assumed I was complete. I think on the hawkID system my status says, decision in progress. So, Im guessing I wouldnt have that status if I wasnt complete.
Basically the same thing happened with me and Illinois. Just send them an LOCI and you'll be fine. I wonder also if you could call and talk to the Director of Admissions, he/she might have some info on what the Deferral was related to. Do you have a crim history?
Hello there, I was wondering, did your status on ISIS change or does it still say "In Progress?" I feel like I've been waiting forever!
No worries! Thanks for the info and I'll keep you informed on my Iowa status...chances are I won't even be put on hold- I'll just go into the "no" pile :(
Deferral, held...I found out the same way you did. I hadn't heard from them in regards to my status (compelte or not) so I followed up. The woman sent me an email that had a cut and paste of a letter that I guess was being sent to me indicating that I have been placed in the "hold " category.
Forgot to mention, it was weird because the cut and paste i got in the email said a few things about April 1st, but the letter I got in the mail was missing both of the parts about April 1st.
So is it your intention to come out towards Chicago, or are you looking to stay west? Also, the Loyola acceptance - have you heard anything about a scholarship. It seems that some of the schools are calling/emailing to say you were accepted, but the scholarship info doesn't come until the mail arrives.
hey thanks for the encouragement, all of these deferrals are getting me down...good luck with Iowa...did the email allude to us not hearing back until after April 1st?
the letter i got just said they wouldn't be able to tell me when a decision would be made...but i just checked the website and seat deposits are due April 1st, so i think they'll make decisions on deferrals right around that date
When Loyola called to accept me the woman told me about the scholarship and then I found out the conditions in my acceptance letter. Hope that helps!
I'm not sure. I'm overseas and all the mail is going back to my home in the states. My mom checks it for me and emails me whenever something happens. What does being "on hold" mean for getting into Iowa?
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it isn't a WL, but if it is, then I hope we both get in off of it! That must be the OWI stinging you again, huh?
I've looked into these deferrals a fair bit and the consensus seems to be that the best thing a "hold" applicant can do to increase his/her chances is to send a letter that shows a genuine interest in the school (preferably specific programs that they have to offer) and why you'd be a good fit for the program...that is if you haven't done so already...
that's good that you set up a visit...i set one up for late Feb...and just got back a visit at UIUC, I don't know if I could live in Champaign for 3 years, but I've heard good things about Iowa city and the Iowa campus
Wisconsin must have gotten some mega applicants this cycle...I'm WLed myself as well.
you should be an auto-admit... confusing WL.
Did you write an LOCI?
If they do look at softs, that may be where I am lacking. I worked all throughout college so I didn't have time for many extracurricular activities. Should've pushed myself, but oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
How come you didn't apply to UMN? You probably still could and have a decent shot.
Yeah UIUC is still my 1st choice, can't beat that in-state tuition...How'd your visit to Iowa go? Get any inside info on the hold list? I've got my visit scheduled for this Friday.
I found out through a separate letter about 6-8 weeks after the initial acceptance. Drake seems really nice, but was farther away than I wanted to go.
Basically that my application is on hold. 50% of their apps get put on hold apparently. They want me to send more material, but I'm not really interested. Not even going to bother. Good luck!
Just got back from Iowa and was really impressed. Their law building is one of the nicest I've seen...and Iowa City was awesome...but unfortunately didn't get anymore info on the hold list...although when I walked to the law building with the admissions asst she had a huge stack of applications, maybe our "held" applications were somewhere in that stack...
No, they never put me on hold.
Dude, they put me in their "hold decision category", and basically said we will contact you, don't contact us unless you have something new to add.
I was never on hold at Iowa.