11-24-10 Received my first discussion today. Got accepted into Ave Maria! With money too! :) Made my weekend. It's been a long road, at least now I know that I can get into law school. I'm very happy today. I read some negativity regarding the school on the web, however, I remind myself that everyone has an opinion and to each their own. FEELING GREAT!
11-30-10 Today I sent out my application to Penn State. Yes, I know this is a reach, but they offered me a fee waiver, so I figured "why not..."? I guess this will go down as a reach school for me, but I guess it's better to know what your options are, than to never have applied at all. Since it was a free application, I can live with that either way. :)
11-30-10 I took a look at my current status for all schools that I've applied to. Barry's status says "Further consideration at later date." I'm assuming this means Waitlisted...? Anyone else been waitlisted at Barry? Also, what's the % of people who are waitlisted, then later admitted vs denied admission?
12-6-10 I was looking at others people's numbers/school graphs on here when I noticed that someone just posted an acceptance into St. Thomas. I decided to check mine (again-been checking them a lot-sadly :) ). Checked mine and it says ACCEPTED to St.Thomas. :) I'm pretty darn happy right now. I don't know of any details, I haven't even received an email from them yet, but we'll see. I'm happy either way!
12-8-10 I took another look at the status checker on the St.Thomas website, and apparently a discussion letter was mailed out yesterday. It is also showing a seat deposit amount due in the lower left hand corner box. It just says "congrats-you've been accepted." I know they also offer a summer program, but at this point I don't know which one I was accepted in to. The summer program wouldn't be an option for me, so let's hope it's just the standard admit. Will update when I receive.
12-10-10 Got the letter from St. Thomas today. Nothing fancy, just a letter stating that I've been accepted for Fall of 2011, and a page to send back with my decision and deposit. As of now I have Ave Maria in Naples and St. Thomas in Miami as my options. Haven't heard from any other schools yet.
12-13-10 This morning I received an email from Barry, stating that I have been placed on Hold (i.e. waitlisted). Of course I already knew this, because over 2 weeks ago I read this on their status checker. No comment :)...
12-16-10 Status checkers are all still the same. I'm really starting to realize that what they say, doesn't really mean anything with some schools. One school's has been saying the same thing for 2 months now. Anyways, I'll continue to be patient and potentially add a few schools that I may have overlooked applying to initially.
1-6-11 Still no new news or updates. It's stressful to say the least. And we wait...
1-9-11 Today I checked my status checkers and I was Rejected from Loyola New Orleans. I really don't care as I only applied because they sent me a fee waiver. Had I been accepted, it would have been a challenge to move to New Orleans. I checked my FIU status checker and it's status reads "decision rendered-letter sent." Whether this is good (and they don't put accepted on their website) or is bad (and they don't put rejected on their website), I suppose I'll find out next week in the mail.
1-11-11 Today I received notice that I was rejected from Stetson via email. I wasn't shocked as I knew that Stetson was a reach for me, but to say that it didn't still sting would be a lie. I will now attempt to get into the PT program, as Stetson is my first choice. As far as FIU goes, I did not receive the letter with my decision today, so we'll have to wait. Still showing as "in review" at FL Coastal. Things are kindda heating up again, but obviously not with the results I'd like. We'll see on FIU and FL Coastal status's. Here's to wishing for the best.
1-12-11 Still haven't received a letter from FIU. FL Costal status still at "In review." Nova's status has been on "In review" for months now. And we wait...
1-14-11 Received an email today from Penn State - rejected. Zero surprise there, and it really didn't bother me since I only applied due to the fee waiver. I also finally got the FIU letter that I've been waiting for. I was rejected. I have to admit that this one hurt. I would have really loved to go there, especially for the In State tution prices. I'm not very surprised, but it would have been very nice. Been a rough week for rejections for me. In fact I'm on a 4 rejections streak this week :( .
1-19-11 Checked my status checkers today and IN AT FLORIDA COASTAL! :) Made me feel good. Last week I received 4 rejections, so I'm glad I got another acceptance. Didn't receive an email, just saw that I was accepted on the website. Under documents it said something about scholarship agreement, but whether that means I'll receive money or not, I guess we'll see either via email or US mail. Honestly guys, I needed that acceptance. Feels good.
1-20-11 Received acceptance email and scholarship notice from Florida Coastal today, so it's confirmed. My scholarship dollars are total for 3 years on all my schools.
1-24-11 Today I applied to 5 more schools. All schools have been offering me a fee waiver so I figured "Meh-why not?" I think I have a decent shot at University of Arkansas-LR, University of Idaho, and at Valparaiso. Chicago-Kent (IIT) and Villanova are obviously strong reaches, but again - I don't see the harm in applying when the fees have been waived. I had intended to apply to Miami, but seeing as their numbers seem even higher than normal this year, and that I couldn't get a fee waiver, I've decided not to waste the money on that application.
1-25-11 Today as I went through my daily browse of my status checkers, I noticed that my status at Barry went from "further consideration at a later date" to "file complete, in review." So apparently perhaps they're deciding whether to take me off of waitlist or not. I received a few status checker log on infos from schools I applied to yesterday as well.
1-26-11 My status checker for Nova Southeastern just went to "Committee Review." This excites me because for over 2 months it's read "In Review." So maybe some news on this one soon...?
1-31-11 My status at Barry went to "Congratulations-Accepted" today! I'm pretty excited about getting off the WaitList to Accepted! We'll see what my acceptance packet says when I get it in. Also. last Friday I found out that I was admitted into Nova S.E.'ers AAMPLE program. I'll probably turn this down though, because with FT acceptances to other schools, and having to pay for a Summer semester out of packet (no financial aid) isn't something that is likely for me.
2-5-11 Received my packet from Barry yesterday. I was admitted to the Full Time program. I was also offered a total of $3000 (for 3 years) in a scholly, which wasn't bad considering the fact that I was originally waitlisted. As far as the rest of my schools go, nothing new has changed on my status checkers. I received an email from FAMU, stating that they were still reviewing apps and a discussion would be made soon. This kindda hurts the the school in my opinion. I have been complete there since Oct. I don't really see an excuse here. At this point, based on my current acceptances, cost of living, etc - I believe I'm leaning towards Barry. We'll see what happens.
2-19-11 Received an email on Thursday that I had been rejected by Idaho. The email said "as you've noticed from your status checker", which wasn't true because at the time of the email my status checker still said "in review." I was actually quite shocked by the rejection. My numbers are solid for their school and the only reason I applied was due to constant email and a fee waiver. I had figured that if they offered a solid scholly, I'd consider it. But w/e, as I'm truly not crushed by that news. All others schools are still pending. We'll see...
2-22-11 Received an email today that I was rejected from Univeristy of Arkansas. Just applied there due to a ton of emails they sent me. Don't really care. I also see that I went from Complete to In Review today at FSU. I'm thinking about maybe applying to NCCU, Charlotte, and/or Charleston as well. Charlotte and Charleston are both only provisionally approved, so I don't know. NCCU seems to be very affordable. If anyone has applied to any of the 3, please share your thoughts.
2-25-11 My status from FSU went to Decision Made and Will Receive by Mail today. So...I guess we'll see what I receive.
3-2-11 Still waiting on my letter from FSU. It may be at home, but haven't been there since the mail came today, so we'll see tonight. My status checker for Valparaiso went to "decision letter mailed." So I'm waiting on two letters right now. If anyone would care to address how they'd rank Ave Maria, Nova (Summer Program), Barry, FCLS, and St.Thomas, I'd be very greatful. These are the only schools that I'm certain I've been admitted into so far, so I'd appreciate Constructive comments please.
3-4-11 Received rejection letter from FSU today. No big surprise there. They encourage to attempt to transfer in their rejection letter, but from what I hear very few people successfully transfer in law school.
3-7-11 Was rejected from Mercer today via Status Checker. Received letter that I was waitlisted at Valparaiso. They gave me the option of remaining of the waitlist, or withdrawing from it. My gut tells me to withdraw, due to it being across the country and knowing that withlisting can last until the first day of classes, it doesn't give me much to prepare for. I'll think on it before making a decision though.
3-10-11 I received an email that I was on HOLD at FAMU today and that I'd be consider for "SPRING SEMESTER." That's pretty ridiculous. I don't think my numbers are that great, but really...? :) I'm going to tell them to go ahead and remove me from consideration. It's comical at best that someone with superior numbers and have been complete since the first of Nov is told of a Hold in March. Guess that's an indication of how things work there, I'm no longer interested.
3-10-11 Withdrew from FAMU and Valpo waitlists.